Angstrom Research Celeritas
- Celeritas is our first two-part lubricant, featuring Reagent A and Reagent B. Similar to other two-part products such as epoxy resins and silicone curing compounds, Celeritas undergoes a chemical reaction when the two components are mixed, and cannot be packaged as a one-part compound. This lubricant creates a fast and smooth turning experience.
- As a special silicone suspension of carbon based monomers. The silicone and special additives prevent the monomers from cross-linking prematurely, until it is mixed with Reagent B.
- Activates the chemical reaction in Reagent A, and cross-links all of the monomers to produce a unique gliding feeling in the cube.
- Extends the longevity of this feeling, allowing this gliding feeling to persist throughout common usage of the puzzle. Celeritas is not a simple water-based, or silicone based lubricant. It combines the best features of multiple lubricant features into one product.
How to use:
- Add 1-2 drops reagent A into a clean, dry cube which has been cleaned of previous lubricant. Be careful not to add too much, because the initial lubricity of Reagent A is significantly different from the final feeling. Adding too much will result in an overly slow cube. Do many turns to ensure that Reagent A has coated the inner surfaces of the puzzle. This should take about 2 solves.
- Add 2-3 drops of Reagent B, and quickly begin to turn the puzzle to allow consistent reaction between the two Reagents.
- After step 3, the cube may either be too fast, or too slow. If it is too fast, it is recommended to use a heavy silicone to slow the puzzle down. If it is too slow, we recommend cleaning the puzzle out, and adding less Reagent A.
- 3cc bottle of Reagent A
- 3cc bottle of Reagent B
- 3D printed holder
Note: Some puzzles react better to Celeritas than others. For big cube use, we recommend using less Reagent A, and more Reagent B.
AKA: Angstrom Research Celeritas
Not completely satisfied with this product? We accept returns within 4 weeks (28 days) past the delivery date, for either store credit, or a full refund to the payment method — the choice is yours.
Our Promise to You
All of our products are guaranteed to be free of defects, or we will replace and reship at no cost to you. Please contact us within 4 weeks (28 days) past the delivery date to report any issues with items you have purchased.
Please note that some new cubes when being used for the first few times may experience what is termed a "pop". This is when one or more parts of a puzzle pop out without any damage actually being done to any of the pieces. This also occurs from time to time during normal usage. Pops are typically not considered a defect if the parts which come off can be reassembled by hand.
Fast & Free Shipping Available!
- Free standard U.S. shipping (includes Hawaii, Alaska, and AFO/APO) (2-5 business days) is offered for orders with a subtotal of $45.00+. Free expedited shipping (1-3 business days) is offered at $75.00+.
- All orders are shipped from our New York warehouse.
- Orders are shipped the same business day they are placed, or the next business day. The cutoff for same day shipping is 3PM EST.
- There is no processing/handling surcharge — all our shipping rates are at rock-bottom.
- We ship to all countries not sanctioned by the U.S. government.
- We advise that you look into your country's customs laws before ordering.
This product is part of a bundle. Buy together to save 10-30%!
The problem is that the feel is dependent on the application of two different products. With normal lube, if you put to much or to little you can easily adjust. But since their are two components to this lube, if you apply slightly more or less of either it throws off the feel and it’s impossible to know which one you need to change during the next application. Also the lube doesn’t seem to last very long.
Good concept, but it’s more trouble than it’s worth. I know with Angstrom X I’ll get the same feel every time, not so much with this one though.
Nice "Gliding" feeling, nice speed.
However, if you combine it with other lube besides dnm, it looses its identity.
So, combination is very limited.
Also, It always gives only one feeling of no feeling when used.
Still deserves 3 star because of its performance and unique feeling, but I do not recommend it.
This was the first Cubicle lube I tried, and I was very impressed. I used it for my WRM 2020. One drop and a little smudge of Reagent A and two drops of Reagent B. I feel no friction between the pieces, the cube feels like it's made of ice. Very interesting and pleasant feel, I recommend trying it!
It's a really good lube that makes a glidey feel. Add more reagent a and its slow and less reagent a and more b it is fast. At first i thought it was overpriced because its 3cc for 10.99. but there is actually 3cc of A and 3cc of B so its 6 cc. if you buy normal bottles of premium 3 cc is 5 bucks. so this which is 11 bucks is only 1 more dollar than usual
I wish that a chart existed for celeritas that showed speed and stuff like the lube pamphlet but for the different amount of drops for celeritas, because it says that a different ratio of A to B is a different feel. Great lube though, really makes a cube fast
First of all, you can sort of control how fast you want your cube to be by manipulating how many drops you use. Unfortunately, the 3D printed stand broke, and they are just piled in my collection. I would make the stand thicker to prevent breakage, or just keep away from non-cubers. I know that you guys are conserving how much ink to use, but I would still improve the design to prevent it from breaking easily. As said, the lube feels glidey, and works well in my opinion.
Celeritas works wonders in reducing friction between the pieces of any puzzle. This seems to lower the force required to begin a turn. I recommend Celeritas specifically for big cubes, heavier cubes, or cubes with stronger magnets. It feels like the Cubicle's answer to the Valk Power M. Very practical, lovely feel. 5/5
This lube gives a really unique gliding feeling to any cube, and the fact you can control the speed while retaining the feeling is really cool. I put some Celeritas in my Valk 2M and it worked really well. This lube is really great, but is also expensive - if you're on a budget, I'd recommend some other lubes such as Mystic. However, if not, then this lube is a really cool addition to any lube collection.
I bought this lubricant during its debut at Nats 2019, and I can honestly say, that this lube is one of the best substances for speeding up your puzzle, if used correctly.
So what do you do to apply you might be asking. Well first, you will receive 2 bottles, Reagent A and Reagent B. Reagent A is the first to apply, the more you put in of this substance, the slower the puzzle might feel when you apply Reagent B. Once you apply the first substance, break it in with about 2-3 solves, I found this number of solves to work the best. After break-in, apply Reagent B, and immediately start turning, you will notice a very big improvement in speed. The pieces will seem to glide on each other, with barely any friction.
Anyways, so my opinion on this lube is great, Chris Tran did an amazing job at making a very interesting lubricant to improve the speed of our puzzles.