The GuHong V3 M is a modernized version of the iconic GuHong 3x3 from DaYan. At just 54 mm, this cube is quite stable and features that swooshy TengYun feel that is quickly becoming a signature of DaYan puzzles. This 3x3 is sure to please solvers of all skill levels.
- DaYan GuHong V3 M
Not completely satisfied with this product? We accept returns within 4 weeks (28 days) past the delivery date, for either store credit, or a full refund to the payment method — the choice is yours.
Our Promise to You
All of our products are guaranteed to be free of defects, or we will replace and reship at no cost to you. Please contact us within 4 weeks (28 days) past the delivery date to report any issues with items you have purchased.
Please note that some new cubes when being used for the first few times may experience what is termed a "pop". This is when one or more parts of a puzzle pop out without any damage actually being done to any of the pieces. This also occurs from time to time during normal usage. Pops are typically not considered a defect if the parts which come off can be reassembled by hand.
Fast & Free Shipping Available!
- Free standard U.S. shipping (includes Hawaii, Alaska, and AFO/APO) (2-5 business days) is offered for orders with a subtotal of $39.00+. Free expedited shipping (1-3 business days) is offered at $75.00+.
- All orders are shipped from our New York warehouse.
- Orders are shipped the same business day they are placed, or the next business day. The cutoff for same day shipping is 3PM EST.
- There is no processing/handling surcharge — all our shipping rates are at rock-bottom.
- We ship to all countries not sanctioned by the U.S. government.
- We advise that you look into your country's customs laws before ordering.
This product is part of a bundle. Buy together to save 10-30%!
I am generally not too critical of cubes, but this one came out of the box greasier than a Double Cheese Burger from McDonald's. I immediately took the cube apart and set the cube up myself. This is a smaller cube, with the old school shades, and a glossy finish. It is very soft in turning and very quiet. I bought the cube to play around with when I am watching TV with the family so they don't get anything come my cube and it is working great for that. If you are interested in DaYan's TengYun due to how quiet people say it is, but don't want to pay extra this cube should do the trick if you are willing to use heavier lube.
DaYan GuHong V3 M
I'm just starting one handed so don't take my review too seriously. Ootb this cube is fast but the corner cutting doesn't feel great. Even though the cube is loose the cuts feel blocky. Other than that the shades are really good and the magnet strength is nice.
Straight out of the box, this cube turns really fast. The magnets are a great strength. This is the only magnetic puzzle I have, so I may be unable to compare to others, however, this is a fantastic budget magnetic cube.
Ootb it is slippery with lube and is pretty loose but with a quick wipe down and a little tension tightening it is a great cube. I have nothing to compare it to except for a Rubik's cube but for my first speed cube I love it.
I love how this cube turns - it's very fast. It's also very light, and this makes it easy on the hands. The price and smaller size also make it great for travel or cubing while walking around. If I drop it I won't be too upset to buy a new one. But I also use it at home, because I just love how light it is.
I've been collecting budget magnetic cubes because they're inexpensive and I'm always on the lookout for a cube that has a new "feel" to it. Just got the Guhong V3M, and there is just something about the turning that feels great. Smaller (but just barely and hard for me to notice) that my other cubes, but this turns great right out of the box (after you wipe off the excess lube). Very stable and it is just a joy to turn.
this is awsome after set up
Out of the box this cube is coated in lube and needs to be wiped off. This cube is very fast out of the box, but quickly becomes more stable and controllable with break-in. The turning is very light and soft, and feels similar to the Tengyun. The magnet strength is medium but very subtle when turning. It is definitely one of the best cubes at this price point and I would recommend it to people of any skill level. This cube could become my main over a Valk 3 M, but I will need to play with it more.
That is a big statement but honestly, this cube is the best cube to be released from any company for a while. Here are my reasons:
1) To me, Dayan is currently the only cube company that seems to actively keep a finger on the pulse of what cubers really want. They were quick to rectify the issues with their 2017 release, and their releases are the only ones that keep getting substantially and discernibly better.
2) Size, Dayan is also the only cube company that dared to step away from the 55mm cubes that we've seen over and over again. The size is pleasant and enjoyable. Especially for OH. I'm glad they broke away from the typical, larger sizes.
3) Magnets are the perfect strength when turning and solving.
4) Simplicity, I get the new trend of customizability, but being able to enjoy and main a cube out of the box is nice.
5) Weight, this cube is light.
6) Stability and Feel; this cube is fast but stable. It depends on your turning style, I can turn pretty hard sometimes and this cube holds up for me. In terms of feel, it feels like a modern, magnetic take on the old school Yuxin 3x3, if you remember that. Unfortunately, I was never able to try the original GuHong
7) Price, this cube is a steal for $12.
After trying almost all of the new flagship cubes released this year by every company, this cube is the only one that I genuinely like. This is basically my new main. Great job Dayan, and thank you Cubicle for stocking these.