AJ Bauhinia Dodecahedron II
The AJ Bauhinia Dodecahedron II is a very interesting puzzle. With this novel mechanism, you can shape shift, jumble, and bandage different pieces. Give it a try!
Not completely satisfied with this product? We accept returns within 4 weeks (28 days) past the delivery date, for either store credit, or a full refund to the payment method — the choice is yours.
Our Promise to You
All of our products are guaranteed to be free of defects, or we will replace and reship at no cost to you. Please contact us within 4 weeks (28 days) past the delivery date to report any issues with items you have purchased.
Please note that some new cubes when being used for the first few times may experience what is termed a "pop". This is when one or more parts of a puzzle pop out without any damage actually being done to any of the pieces. This also occurs from time to time during normal usage. Pops are typically not considered a defect if the parts which come off can be reassembled by hand.
The corners on 2x2 puzzles should not be twisted as doing so may snap the piece. Damage caused by corner twisting is not considered to be a defect.
Fast & Free Shipping Available!
- Free standard U.S. shipping (includes Hawaii, Alaska, and AFO/APO) (2-5 business days) is offered for orders with a subtotal of $55.00+. Free expedited shipping (1-3 business days) is offered at $85.00+.
- All orders are shipped from our New York warehouse.
- Orders are shipped the same business day they are placed, or the next business day. The cutoff for same day shipping is 3PM EST.
- There is no processing/handling surcharge — all our shipping rates are at rock-bottom.
- We ship to all countries not sanctioned by the U.S. government.
- We advise that you look into your country's customs laws before ordering.
This is a real monster of a puzzle, but if you spend enough time with it it's actually approachable. Definitely only go for this one if you're experienced — I had to kind of expand the way I thought of commutators to tackle it, but I was able to solve it start to finish, and I hadn't tried any of the mechanically-similar icosahedral puzzles before trying this one nor had I tried the Bauhinia Dodecahedron I.
Turning quality is a bit rough out of the box, it'll loosen up over the course of the solve but it catches a lot and you'll need to turn the opposite way to get the puzzle to cooperate. And you can't get too excited while turning it or the pieces will pop on you (Not a deal-breaker — really the only thing that will fall out of place are the little triangles around the center and if one of those winds up in a different spot it isn't going to render the puzzle unsolveable or anything). Stickers held up remarkably well and the colors are eye-catching but a couple of the shades don't have the best contrast with each other.
Overall would recommend despite those issues.