Angstrom Research Celeritas
- Celeritas is our first two-part lubricant, featuring Reagent A and Reagent B. Similar to other two-part products such as epoxy resins and silicone curing compounds, Celeritas undergoes a chemical reaction when the two components are mixed, and cannot be packaged as a one-part compound. This lubricant creates a fast and smooth turning experience.
- As a special silicone suspension of carbon based monomers. The silicone and special additives prevent the monomers from cross-linking prematurely, until it is mixed with Reagent B.
- Activates the chemical reaction in Reagent A, and cross-links all of the monomers to produce a unique gliding feeling in the cube.
- Extends the longevity of this feeling, allowing this gliding feeling to persist throughout common usage of the puzzle. Celeritas is not a simple water-based, or silicone based lubricant. It combines the best features of multiple lubricant features into one product.
How to use:
- Add 1-2 drops reagent A into a clean, dry cube which has been cleaned of previous lubricant. Be careful not to add too much, because the initial lubricity of Reagent A is significantly different from the final feeling. Adding too much will result in an overly slow cube. Do many turns to ensure that Reagent A has coated the inner surfaces of the puzzle. This should take about 2 solves.
- Add 2-3 drops of Reagent B, and quickly begin to turn the puzzle to allow consistent reaction between the two Reagents.
- After step 3, the cube may either be too fast, or too slow. If it is too fast, it is recommended to use a heavy silicone to slow the puzzle down. If it is too slow, we recommend cleaning the puzzle out, and adding less Reagent A.
- 3cc bottle of Reagent A
- 3cc bottle of Reagent B
- 3D printed holder
Note: Some puzzles react better to Celeritas than others. For big cube use, we recommend using less Reagent A, and more Reagent B.
AKA: Angstrom Research Celeritas
Not completely satisfied with this product? We accept returns within 4 weeks (28 days) past the delivery date, for either store credit, or a full refund to the payment method — the choice is yours.
Our Promise to You
All of our products are guaranteed to be free of defects, or we will replace and reship at no cost to you. Please contact us within 4 weeks (28 days) past the delivery date to report any issues with items you have purchased.
Please note that some new cubes when being used for the first few times may experience what is termed a "pop". This is when one or more parts of a puzzle pop out without any damage actually being done to any of the pieces. This also occurs from time to time during normal usage. Pops are typically not considered a defect if the parts which come off can be reassembled by hand.
Fast & Free Shipping Available!
- Free standard U.S. shipping (includes Hawaii, Alaska, and AFO/APO) (2-5 business days) is offered for orders with a subtotal of $55.00+. Free expedited shipping (1-3 business days) is offered at $85.00+.
- All orders are shipped from our New York warehouse.
- Orders are shipped the same business day they are placed, or the next business day. The cutoff for same day shipping is 3PM EST.
- There is no processing/handling surcharge — all our shipping rates are at rock-bottom.
- We ship to all countries not sanctioned by the U.S. government.
- We advise that you look into your country's customs laws before ordering.
Buy more and save!
2Products on sale do not qualify for bulk discounts
This product is part of a bundle. Buy together to save 10-30%!
I've tried many different combinations of lubricants and Celeritas combined with Gravitas is my favorite. Fast, smooth and controllable and it just feels perfect to me. All you need is 2 drops of Reagent A, 3 drops of Reagent B, then add a little Gravitas and you're all set. Make sure to start with a clean cube. Add Reagent A then Reagent B then Gravitas. I spent $65 on lubricants so I could try the Angstrom, Mystic, Celeritas, and MAX setups. I've tried them all and I think Celeritas is the best; it fits my turning style perfectly. I think it works better without the DNM-37 though. Give it a try, you won't be disappointed. I have a Gan 11 M Pro and Gan 356 XS.
It's an extremely good lube and it makes my cube a lot faster. It came without the holder ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
this lube is extremely nice. I usually apply 2 drops of reagent a and 3 drops of reagent b on my 11m duo, then some weight 5 on the tracks and if needed a little dnm on top. blue thing on 3 and spring on the 4th click from the top. is extremely fast stable and controllable. and not only that but sooo smooth and glidy. basically feels glidy like maglev but without the heavier weight of the magnets. thanks thecubicle for making this lube and my main cube even nicer :)
Angstrom Research Celeritas
Good lubes, work well together, I do with the price was a little lower but it is what it is, good lube and reliable
Honestly, I haven’t really seen a huge difference after multiple times attempting to set up my puzzle with it. When I finally did see a difference, I didn’t really like the feel. I personally wish I got mystic or silk instead, especially since they would last me longer that the celeritas will. Maybe I just need more experience setting up puzzles, but I like the basic angstrom setup much more
Okay so I wrote a review previously about it. At the time, I didn’t know that you had to use celeritas on a dry cube, and every single time I tried previously I had usually had dignitas already on the cube, or maybe some other lubes. I really didn’t think it was worth it then. After rereading the instructions in the description, and Cameron R.’s steps (they are basically the same) I ended up truly feeling the the superiority in celeritas, so far I have had it in my rs3m with dignitas and dim-37 added after, and my mgc 5 the same way. So far both setups are incredible. I no longer know whether you should get the 10cc of mystic or silk, I will have to try them both out before tellling not to get you this.
The lube has that signature gliding feeling, which is really nice. My mgc 5 feels godly after setting it up. It fast, controllable, smooth, and almost effortless to turn, even in the second layer.
Also, using the proper celeritas setup in my rs3m (which I previously preferred my valk 3 which I set up with the regular angstrom setup) and now I prefer it over my valk, even though I liked the valk by a wide margin. So now it’s currently my main.
If you aren’t going to be able to try any lube you want, are on a budget, or dint know 100% what lubes you should get, I’ll tell you in order of best uses. 1.Dnm-37, 2. Weight 5(for a the core and peices, but I wouldn’t use it in the peices if you have the angstrom lube bundle as I fell dignitas slows the cube down but feels way better)3. Angstrom lube bundle ( I wouldn’t get either alone as they work extremely well with each other and some dnm) 4. Silk/mystic 5. Celeritas 6. Lubicle Black (replaces weight 5 as a core lube, but this is really the last lube you wanna get.)
Personally not a fan of lubicle speedy, and lubicle 1 as I feel like dnm are way better than them, and lubicle gummy is doodoo (unless you are a weirdo that like gummy
Sorry that most of it was off topic and rambling, and that the review itself was only 5 sentences but I just wanted this information to be known.
I think mystic is way better, as it’s better priced and superior in most situations. In harsher/louder cubes like Gan 11 or wrm 2019 mystic is way better. And then smoother cubes like mgc 5x5 of rs3m 2020 I prefer mystic by a little bit. So overall it’s better then celeritas
This lube is amazing. if you follow Cameron R's rules, it turns effortlessly, can be paired with many things and overall is amazing. some combinations include: with mystic: smooth, with either angstrom lubes (or both): quick, but smooth, and with mystic and traxx 10k, controllable and fast.
There are so many great combinations with this it's unreal, paired with mystic, you get so much control, on its own, just a buttery, gliding feel, with gravitas on core+tracks along with DNM-37, utterly smooth and fast. Overall, this lube is great, use the instructions from Camron R down below and it's just amazing.
The problem is that the feel is dependent on the application of two different products. With normal lube, if you put to much or to little you can easily adjust. But since their are two components to this lube, if you apply slightly more or less of either it throws off the feel and it’s impossible to know which one you need to change during the next application. Also the lube doesn’t seem to last very long.
Good concept, but it’s more trouble than it’s worth. I know with Angstrom X I’ll get the same feel every time, not so much with this one though.
Nice "Gliding" feeling, nice speed.
However, if you combine it with other lube besides dnm, it looses its identity.
So, combination is very limited.
Also, It always gives only one feeling of no feeling when used.
Still deserves 3 star because of its performance and unique feeling, but I do not recommend it.