Angstrom Research Celeritas
- Celeritas is our first two-part lubricant, featuring Reagent A and Reagent B. Similar to other two-part products such as epoxy resins and silicone curing compounds, Celeritas undergoes a chemical reaction when the two components are mixed, and cannot be packaged as a one-part compound. This lubricant creates a fast and smooth turning experience.
- As a special silicone suspension of carbon based monomers. The silicone and special additives prevent the monomers from cross-linking prematurely, until it is mixed with Reagent B.
- Activates the chemical reaction in Reagent A, and cross-links all of the monomers to produce a unique gliding feeling in the cube.
- Extends the longevity of this feeling, allowing this gliding feeling to persist throughout common usage of the puzzle. Celeritas is not a simple water-based, or silicone based lubricant. It combines the best features of multiple lubricant features into one product.
How to use:
- Add 1-2 drops reagent A into a clean, dry cube which has been cleaned of previous lubricant. Be careful not to add too much, because the initial lubricity of Reagent A is significantly different from the final feeling. Adding too much will result in an overly slow cube. Do many turns to ensure that Reagent A has coated the inner surfaces of the puzzle. This should take about 2 solves.
- Add 2-3 drops of Reagent B, and quickly begin to turn the puzzle to allow consistent reaction between the two Reagents.
- After step 3, the cube may either be too fast, or too slow. If it is too fast, it is recommended to use a heavy silicone to slow the puzzle down. If it is too slow, we recommend cleaning the puzzle out, and adding less Reagent A.
- 3cc bottle of Reagent A
- 3cc bottle of Reagent B
Note: Some puzzles react better to Celeritas than others. For big cube use, we recommend using less Reagent A, and more Reagent B.
AKA: Angstrom Research Celeritas
Not completely satisfied with this product? We accept returns within 4 weeks (28 days) past the delivery date, for either store credit, or a full refund to the payment method — the choice is yours.
Our Promise to You
All of our products are guaranteed to be free of defects, or we will replace and reship at no cost to you. Please contact us within 4 weeks (28 days) past the delivery date to report any issues with items you have purchased.
Please note that some new cubes when being used for the first few times may experience what is termed a "pop". This is when one or more parts of a puzzle pop out without any damage actually being done to any of the pieces. This also occurs from time to time during normal usage. Pops are typically not considered a defect if the parts which come off can be reassembled by hand.
The corners on 2x2 puzzles should not be twisted as doing so may snap the piece. Damage caused by corner twisting is not considered to be a defect.
Fast & Free Shipping Available!
- Free standard U.S. shipping (includes Hawaii, Alaska, and AFO/APO) (2-5 business days) is offered for orders with a subtotal of $55.00+. Free expedited shipping (1-3 business days) is offered at $85.00+.
- All orders are shipped from our New York warehouse.
- Orders are shipped the same business day they are placed, or the next business day. The cutoff for same day shipping is 3PM EST.
- There is no processing/handling surcharge — all our shipping rates are at rock-bottom.
- We ship to all countries not sanctioned by the U.S. government.
- We advise that you look into your country's customs laws before ordering.
Buy more and save!
2Products on sale do not qualify for bulk discounts
This product is part of a bundle. Buy together to save 10-30%!
I like the new core magnetized cubes as fast as possible, as they snap to a cube so well (cubes like the WRM V9, Super RS3 M V2 and YS3 M). They are so stable at high speeds, that it has really changed my turning style to be way more gentle, and fast.
Before I got this, I ended up using just a drop of Silk for those cubes, but was not really satisfied with it.
This seems to keep most of the speed (and therefore snapping back to shape), while making it feel a bit softer. The word cushioned appears in a lot of reviews here, and it seems very fitting.
Eventually got a chance to try the Celeritas. It is quoted as providing little cushion. This I don't agree. Using it on a clean cube, during breaking in the Reagent A, the cushion and control are clearly noticeable. Adding Reagent B introduces a significant gliding feel, but the earlier cushion and control are not really gone. They blend into a complex mix of both aspects, depending on how much each part is put in the mix. I first thought that it would make the cube super fast, and the cube becomes pretty glidy, but is still controllable. Really glad that I tried as it makes a few cubes of mine fun to turn.
This is the first lube i ever tried, so i don't realy know the feel, but i don't like the feel of this thing. But the speed is perfect!
This lube is great but I feel it works best on its own. In my opinion this is not a bad thing. As far as I'm concerned Celeritas A/B is the only lube I'll ever need to buy so it's very cost effective and it makes my 3x3 cubes feel perfect!
The best thing is that you can change the feel of your cube simply by using different amounts of A and B until you find the perfect feel. In my WR M Maglev I like to use 3 drops part A then 3 drops part B. In my Gan 11 M Pro I like to use 2 drops of part A and 3 drops of part B. Part A makes the cube feel smooth and plush and part B adds speed so you can adjust the feel and the speed of your cube very easily without adding other types of lube.
I've tried Mystic, Gravitas, Dignitas, Max Fleet, Max Command, DNM-37, Traxxas, etc. and all kinds of combinations of these. Now I keep it simple and just use Celeritas. Try it, you'll like it!
Edit: This actually works great combined with Mystic! If you like a fast cube try 2 drops part A on a clean cube then 2 drops part B then 2 drops Mystic.
It's an extremely good lube and it makes my cube a lot faster. It came without the holder ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
this lube is extremely nice. I usually apply 2 drops of reagent a and 3 drops of reagent b on my 11m duo, then some weight 5 on the tracks and if needed a little dnm on top. blue thing on 3 and spring on the 4th click from the top. is extremely fast stable and controllable. and not only that but sooo smooth and glidy. basically feels glidy like maglev but without the heavier weight of the magnets. thanks thecubicle for making this lube and my main cube even nicer :)
Angstrom Research Celeritas
Good lubes, work well together, I do with the price was a little lower but it is what it is, good lube and reliable
Honestly, I haven’t really seen a huge difference after multiple times attempting to set up my puzzle with it. When I finally did see a difference, I didn’t really like the feel. I personally wish I got mystic or silk instead, especially since they would last me longer that the celeritas will. Maybe I just need more experience setting up puzzles, but I like the basic angstrom setup much more
Okay so I wrote a review previously about it. At the time, I didn’t know that you had to use celeritas on a dry cube, and every single time I tried previously I had usually had dignitas already on the cube, or maybe some other lubes. I really didn’t think it was worth it then. After rereading the instructions in the description, and Cameron R.’s steps (they are basically the same) I ended up truly feeling the the superiority in celeritas, so far I have had it in my rs3m with dignitas and dim-37 added after, and my mgc 5 the same way. So far both setups are incredible. I no longer know whether you should get the 10cc of mystic or silk, I will have to try them both out before tellling not to get you this.
The lube has that signature gliding feeling, which is really nice. My mgc 5 feels godly after setting it up. It fast, controllable, smooth, and almost effortless to turn, even in the second layer.
Also, using the proper celeritas setup in my rs3m (which I previously preferred my valk 3 which I set up with the regular angstrom setup) and now I prefer it over my valk, even though I liked the valk by a wide margin. So now it’s currently my main.
If you aren’t going to be able to try any lube you want, are on a budget, or dint know 100% what lubes you should get, I’ll tell you in order of best uses. 1.Dnm-37, 2. Weight 5(for a the core and peices, but I wouldn’t use it in the peices if you have the angstrom lube bundle as I fell dignitas slows the cube down but feels way better)3. Angstrom lube bundle ( I wouldn’t get either alone as they work extremely well with each other and some dnm) 4. Silk/mystic 5. Celeritas 6. Lubicle Black (replaces weight 5 as a core lube, but this is really the last lube you wanna get.)
Personally not a fan of lubicle speedy, and lubicle 1 as I feel like dnm are way better than them, and lubicle gummy is doodoo (unless you are a weirdo that like gummy
Sorry that most of it was off topic and rambling, and that the review itself was only 5 sentences but I just wanted this information to be known.
I think mystic is way better, as it’s better priced and superior in most situations. In harsher/louder cubes like Gan 11 or wrm 2019 mystic is way better. And then smoother cubes like mgc 5x5 of rs3m 2020 I prefer mystic by a little bit. So overall it’s better then celeritas
This lube is amazing. if you follow Cameron R's rules, it turns effortlessly, can be paired with many things and overall is amazing. some combinations include: with mystic: smooth, with either angstrom lubes (or both): quick, but smooth, and with mystic and traxx 10k, controllable and fast.