Calvin'x 3x3x5 i-Cube is another high quality cuboid from Calvin's Puzzle. This one is actually a 3x3x4 with its center layer shifted upwards so that it resembles an "i." It turns smoothly and feels sturdy. Comes in a clear plastic box.
Not completely satisfied with this product? We accept returns within 4 weeks (28 days) past the delivery date, for either store credit, or a full refund to the payment method — the choice is yours.
Our Promise to You
All of our products are guaranteed to be free of defects, or we will replace and reship at no cost to you. Please contact us within 4 weeks (28 days) past the delivery date to report any issues with items you have purchased.
Please note that some new cubes when being used for the first few times may experience what is termed a "pop". This is when one or more parts of a puzzle pop out without any damage actually being done to any of the pieces. This also occurs from time to time during normal usage. Pops are typically not considered a defect if the parts which come off can be reassembled by hand.
Fast & Free Shipping Available!
- Free standard U.S. shipping (includes Hawaii, Alaska, and AFO/APO) (2-5 business days) is offered for orders with a subtotal of $55.00+. Free expedited shipping (1-3 business days) is offered at $85.00+.
- All orders are shipped from our New York warehouse.
- Orders are shipped the same business day they are placed, or the next business day. The cutoff for same day shipping is 3PM EST.
- There is no processing/handling surcharge — all our shipping rates are at rock-bottom.
- We ship to all countries not sanctioned by the U.S. government.
- We advise that you look into your country's customs laws before ordering.
The first thing I should note about this puzzle is that I consider the listed name of this puzzle - the "3x3x5 i-Cube" - to be misleading and incorrect. I would say that the most proper name for this puzzle is a Center-Shifted 3x3x4 Cuboid, or perhaps a 3x3x4 i-Cuboid. Functionally, what it really is, is a 3x3 Cube with an additional extended layer on one face, giving it the appearance of a 3x3x4 Cuboid. The first two layers are solved as a standard 3x3 Cube. Orienting the edges and corners on the last layer requires 3x3 algorithms. Placing the edges and corners on the last layer requires cuboid algorithms, with both layers being solved simultaneously. All in all, it's a really fun solve and a nice twist on a regular 3x3 Cube. The turning is fairly smooth, but a bit catchy. I expect this from Calvin's Puzzles, so I knew what I was getting. I don't think that it takes away too much from the solving experience. I'd recommend this puzzle.
The package arrived on-time and in good condition as expected. This isn't necessarily a speed-cube, but the turning is smooth enough for the puzzle to be solved without any issues. I do feel as though I have to be careful to prevent breaking the secondary corner-stalks, leading to a slightly cheap feel and taking a star off of the review, but if you're interested in the puzzle, it's a good buy.