The Carl's Bubbloid 5x5x4 is a shape-preserving 5x5x4 corner-turning cuboid developed by Carl Hoff, David Ang, and Calvin's Puzzles. It has a very sturdy, substantial feel, and it features the Calvin's and Carl Logo.
Please be advised that the puzzle as it is shipped from the manufacturer does not have much corner-cutting ability, although it does turn well when it is aligned properly. The manufacturer has noted that removing the springs from the corners will improve the corner-cutting on this puzzle.
Not completely satisfied with this product? We accept returns within 4 weeks (28 days) past the delivery date, for either store credit, or a full refund to the payment method — the choice is yours.
Our Promise to You
All of our products are guaranteed to be free of defects, or we will replace and reship at no cost to you. Please contact us within 4 weeks (28 days) past the delivery date to report any issues with items you have purchased.
Please note that some new cubes when being used for the first few times may experience what is termed a "pop". This is when one or more parts of a puzzle pop out without any damage actually being done to any of the pieces. This also occurs from time to time during normal usage. Pops are typically not considered a defect if the parts which come off can be reassembled by hand.
The corners on 2x2 puzzles should not be twisted as doing so may snap the piece. Damage caused by corner twisting is not considered to be a defect.
Fast & Free Shipping Available!
- Free standard U.S. shipping (includes Hawaii, Alaska, and AFO/APO) (2-5 business days) is offered for orders with a subtotal of $55.00+. Free expedited shipping (1-3 business days) is offered at $85.00+.
- All orders are shipped from our New York warehouse.
- Orders are shipped the same business day they are placed, or the next business day. The cutoff for same day shipping is 3PM EST.
- There is no processing/handling surcharge — all our shipping rates are at rock-bottom.
- We ship to all countries not sanctioned by the U.S. government.
- We advise that you look into your country's customs laws before ordering.
This moves a lot like a Redi type puzzle, with radial turns.
I did have an issue with popping and very loose pieces. This eventually led to one corner falling apart, then the side and eventually the entire cube pretty much was reassembled.
My cube has been put back together and it works really well.
I just wonder what caused so many pieces to be so loose OOTB.
Regardless, I think that this puzzle is great and man, does it look fantastic.
this cube is extremely hard to turn