The DaYan Dino Skewb (also called "Four Cube") is a 4-axis cube with different turning mechanisms on the the opposite axes. Half of the axes turn like the master skewb, and the other half turn like the dino cube.
Not completely satisfied with this product? We accept returns within 4 weeks (28 days) past the delivery date, for either store credit, or a full refund to the payment method — the choice is yours.
Our Promise to You
All of our products are guaranteed to be free of defects, or we will replace and reship at no cost to you. Please contact us within 4 weeks (28 days) past the delivery date to report any issues with items you have purchased.
Please note that some new cubes when being used for the first few times may experience what is termed a "pop". This is when one or more parts of a puzzle pop out without any damage actually being done to any of the pieces. This also occurs from time to time during normal usage. Pops are typically not considered a defect if the parts which come off can be reassembled by hand.
The corners on 2x2 puzzles should not be twisted as doing so may snap the piece. Damage caused by corner twisting is not considered to be a defect.
Fast & Free Shipping Available!
- Free standard U.S. shipping (includes Hawaii, Alaska, and AFO/APO) (2-5 business days) is offered for orders with a subtotal of $55.00+. Free expedited shipping (1-3 business days) is offered at $85.00+.
- All orders are shipped from our New York warehouse.
- Orders are shipped the same business day they are placed, or the next business day. The cutoff for same day shipping is 3PM EST.
- There is no processing/handling surcharge — all our shipping rates are at rock-bottom.
- We ship to all countries not sanctioned by the U.S. government.
- We advise that you look into your country's customs laws before ordering.
I've solved many "harder" puzzles before, but not this one yet! I think I know solution, but my algorithms are not very efficient so it solving is slow.
Unlike other reviews, my puzzle has never popped! I'm not afraid to say it (as some other of my reviews do). I don't know if DanYan improved the mechanics or prior reviewers got a "bad batch".
In fact, this is one of the few (only?) puzzle that I give full 5 stars. Things I like:
* 6 classic colors of original Rubik's cube (in the same orientation)
* Sticker quality is nearly perfect (I can't think of any flaws, but there might be some very minor ones)
* Size and weight nearly the same as classic Rubik's cube (good!)
* Each face has 8 facets, one less than standard Rubik's cube, but there is no fixed center, so arguably same
* Very challenging, at least for me
* Turns smooth out-of-the-box (even though it seems not lubricated)
* Nice price (not the cheapest puzzle, but there are more expensive puzzles with worse performance/quality)
* Will sometimes lock-up, especially if you get in a hurry (I don't think lube would help, but haven't tried)
* nothing else :)
I guess if you tried to aggressively turn it like a speed-cube you might pop pieces? After spending a few days trying to solve it (without success) I decided to take it apart, to see how it works and start over from a "new" state. It took considerable effort to get a piece to pop to begin disassembly. WARNING: if you try this, only remove a few pieces at a time! After removing 6 to 8 pieces (as I recall) the entire thing will disintegrate, and is a REAL challenge to re-assemble.
Hints/suggestions: this is shaped like a cube, but has 4 axes of rotation, like a tetrahedron... in other words a disguised (master)Pyraminx! I strongly suggest you master the basic Sqewb first! I can solve that, but this one is still a challenge. I guess if you can solve this easily, it is time for the Master Sqewb? This one actually costs more than Lan Lan Master Sqewb, but I haven't bought that yet, so it may be worth the price?
Anyway, I love it, and recommend as either good challenge or a nice addition to a collection.
I got this puzzle a while ago and its pretty nice! It currently stands as the hardest puzzle in my collection (its pretty hard). My only problem is that it pops ALOT. If you dont know how to fix it, then you need to learn. Explosions are also a possibility, but overall, I like it!
I got this cube from a friend for christmas, and when i saw it I was very excited. right out of the box i thought it was great except for the turning, when i turned it and it popped. It was a pain to put back together, and has popped several times since. its not a terrible cube, but i would recommend spending your money on something a little more reputable