The DaYan + mf8 Crazy Octahedra are a series of face-turning octahedra shape mods, some of which feature circular parts on certain faces.
This particular version is the standard version, which does not feature any circular parts. The puzzle comes fully unstickered with a set of high-quality stickers and application tape, as well as an official DaYan + mf8 logo. Stickers are not included with the stickerless version.
Show all puzzles in the DaYan + mf8 Crazy Octahedron Plus series
Not completely satisfied with this product? We accept returns within 4 weeks (28 days) past the delivery date, for either store credit, or a full refund to the payment method — the choice is yours.
Our Promise to You
All of our products are guaranteed to be free of defects, or we will replace and reship at no cost to you. Please contact us within 4 weeks (28 days) past the delivery date to report any issues with items you have purchased.
Please note that some new cubes when being used for the first few times may experience what is termed a "pop". This is when one or more parts of a puzzle pop out without any damage actually being done to any of the pieces. This also occurs from time to time during normal usage. Pops are typically not considered a defect if the parts which come off can be reassembled by hand.
The corners on 2x2 puzzles should not be twisted as doing so may snap the piece. Damage caused by corner twisting is not considered to be a defect.
Fast & Free Shipping Available!
- Free standard U.S. shipping (includes Hawaii, Alaska, and AFO/APO) (2-5 business days) is offered for orders with a subtotal of $55.00+. Free expedited shipping (1-3 business days) is offered at $85.00+.
- All orders are shipped from our New York warehouse.
- Orders are shipped the same business day they are placed, or the next business day. The cutoff for same day shipping is 3PM EST.
- There is no processing/handling surcharge — all our shipping rates are at rock-bottom.
- We ship to all countries not sanctioned by the U.S. government.
- We advise that you look into your country's customs laws before ordering.
Do not buy this puzzle. It constantly falls apart. Design a better mechanism before selling a puzzle, let alone creating a whole series around it.
- It turns fairly smoothly
- It's a fun solve (not too easy and not too difficult)
- It looks nice with a nice color scheme
- It can be a bit catchy, and if you're not careful, pieces may pop or flip in a way that would cause an impossible parity (e.g. where you have to manually rotate a corner the proper way)..
- It's a bit bulky. Would've been nicer if they had made it a bit smaller.
- Some of the plastic pieces have gaps between them which don't look good and make the puzzle look cheap. I fixed the problem with Krazy Glue, but it would've been nice if there wouldn't have been any such problem to begin with.
- Considering the quality issues, I think it's too pricey.
Overall, it met my expectations based on what I've heard and read about it before I bought it, so I'm happy with it. I just think that if MF8 puts such a price tag on it, they should make it better in quality, like some of their other puzzles (e.g. Skewby Copter Plus, Sun Cube, etc.). Granted, this puzzle came out many years ago when the company wasn't as advanced, so I give them a pass on it for that reason.
I had great hopes for this puzzle...
It's just a brick where you need all your force to turn a face and hope you don't break it.
It comes in hard plastic that is unpleasant to the eye and the touch.