The DaYan TaiYan is the first 3x3 cube in the DaYan series. While DaYan went on to release superior cubes, the TaiYan is a reminder of where all these cubes came from. It is currently only available in Primary and Grey plastic.
Not completely satisfied with this product? We accept returns within 4 weeks (28 days) past the delivery date, for either store credit, or a full refund to the payment method — the choice is yours.
Our Promise to You
All of our products are guaranteed to be free of defects, or we will replace and reship at no cost to you. Please contact us within 4 weeks (28 days) past the delivery date to report any issues with items you have purchased.
Please note that some new cubes when being used for the first few times may experience what is termed a "pop". This is when one or more parts of a puzzle pop out without any damage actually being done to any of the pieces. This also occurs from time to time during normal usage. Pops are typically not considered a defect if the parts which come off can be reassembled by hand.
Fast & Free Shipping Available!
- Free standard U.S. shipping (includes Hawaii, Alaska, and AFO/APO) (2-5 business days) is offered for orders with a subtotal of $45.00+. Free expedited shipping (1-3 business days) is offered at $75.00+.
- All orders are shipped from our New York warehouse.
- Orders are shipped the same business day they are placed, or the next business day. The cutoff for same day shipping is 3PM EST.
- There is no processing/handling surcharge — all our shipping rates are at rock-bottom.
- We ship to all countries not sanctioned by the U.S. government.
- We advise that you look into your country's customs laws before ordering.
Honestly, when you see a DIY from 2008, you think "Obsolete" or "Why would anyone use this?"
Actually, when tensioned properly it cuts a hair over 45 standard.
Reverse corner cutting exists, but it's just over 1/8th a cubie, which is understandable because it has no florian cuts.
It's a weird feeling to describe. It is sort-of blocky, but also very smooth with a subtle clicky feel, which I find very pleasant. I have two old model Rubik's brands, and this cube doesn't feel anything like either of them. Not to mention that the plastic is very bulky in terms of thickness, and will last you a long time.
Pops only happen when you are rather rough, but that's virtually with any cube. Sometimes, the centers catch on the corners, but working on finding your right tension easily fixes this problem.
All and all, even with cubes far superior in terms of corner cutting and mechanism, I think this is going to become my new main, from the comfortable feel and overall surprising performance.
This cube from Dayan is pretty good. It has a good speed and has a very crispy feeling. For the first cube Dayan made it is very good. Corner cutting is around 45 degrees. I recommend this cube for any level cuber who likes a crispy cube.