mf8 Standard DodeRhombus
The mf8 Standard DodeRhombus is a 12-sided rhombic dodecahedron puzzle that can jumble. It feels very sturdy and turns well out of the box. The puzzle comes unstickered and includes a set of factory stickers.
Not completely satisfied with this product? We accept returns within 4 weeks (28 days) past the delivery date, for either store credit, or a full refund to the payment method — the choice is yours.
Our Promise to You
All of our products are guaranteed to be free of defects, or we will replace and reship at no cost to you. Please contact us within 4 weeks (28 days) past the delivery date to report any issues with items you have purchased.
Please note that some new cubes when being used for the first few times may experience what is termed a "pop". This is when one or more parts of a puzzle pop out without any damage actually being done to any of the pieces. This also occurs from time to time during normal usage. Pops are typically not considered a defect if the parts which come off can be reassembled by hand.
The corners on 2x2 puzzles should not be twisted as doing so may snap the piece. Damage caused by corner twisting is not considered to be a defect.
Fast & Free Shipping Available!
- Free standard U.S. shipping (includes Hawaii, Alaska, and AFO/APO) (2-5 business days) is offered for orders with a subtotal of $55.00+. Free expedited shipping (1-3 business days) is offered at $85.00+.
- All orders are shipped from our New York warehouse.
- Orders are shipped the same business day they are placed, or the next business day. The cutoff for same day shipping is 3PM EST.
- There is no processing/handling surcharge — all our shipping rates are at rock-bottom.
- We ship to all countries not sanctioned by the U.S. government.
- We advise that you look into your country's customs laws before ordering.
I must first say I could never have solved this without Twistypuzzling on YouTube (aka rline on Twisty Puzzles). His clear measured teaching style is easy to follow.
The Standard Dode is smooth, well-built, no popping, and brilliantly stickered. It is the right size not to cramp your hands during long solves. The algs are rhythmic and some are easy to remember. Getting out of the jumbled state is scary!!
Overall, strategy and set-ups can get extremely tricky and frustrating. But in the end, you find a way resolve. Placing the 4-color corners was the most challenging for me as this is where you discover the reversed center which shows up as an apparent parity of the 4-color corners. Undoing the reversed center is not too bad but certainly breaks your stride toward the next stage.
My favorite stage is placing the triangles, as it is fun and involves strategic set-ups to keep track of!.
The final stage of placing the three-color triangles is exciting and easy but one could easily get tripped up toward home base if you're tired.
I definitely recommend the Standard Doderhombus. This is the right mix of mind-bending, scary challenge and plain fun jumbling. You will not be bored. Can't wait to solve again!!!