The mf8 Sunminx is a megaminx shape mod that has split edges that can also be scrambled due to the fact that turns are not limited to 72 degrees. After a half turn (36 degrees), you can then turn adjacent faces to make the puzzle shape-shift.
Not completely satisfied with this product? We accept returns within 4 weeks (28 days) past the delivery date, for either store credit, or a full refund to the payment method — the choice is yours.
Our Promise to You
All of our products are guaranteed to be free of defects, or we will replace and reship at no cost to you. Please contact us within 4 weeks (28 days) past the delivery date to report any issues with items you have purchased.
Please note that some new cubes when being used for the first few times may experience what is termed a "pop". This is when one or more parts of a puzzle pop out without any damage actually being done to any of the pieces. This also occurs from time to time during normal usage. Pops are typically not considered a defect if the parts which come off can be reassembled by hand.
Fast & Free Shipping Available!
- Free standard U.S. shipping (includes Hawaii, Alaska, and AFO/APO) (2-5 business days) is offered for orders with a subtotal of $39.00+. Free expedited shipping (1-3 business days) is offered at $75.00+.
- All orders are shipped from our New York warehouse.
- Orders are shipped the same business day they are placed, or the next business day. The cutoff for same day shipping is 3PM EST.
- There is no processing/handling surcharge — all our shipping rates are at rock-bottom.
- We ship to all countries not sanctioned by the U.S. government.
- We advise that you look into your country's customs laws before ordering.
I have over 70 different types of puzzles, so I am all about having a big, complex variant on the dodecahedron like the Sunminx...that said, it’s been a generally frustrating puzzle so far. Odd puzzles like these are always tough because there aren’t a lot of tutorials out there, so it takes more figuring out on my own than most other puzzles. SuperAntonioVivaldi is a big help in his 3-vid series on the Sunminx. Still, it’s a hard puzzle, and has some hidden bandaging that makes it a real test of patience. I have yet to actually figure much of it out...I know I will but it will be sort of a “beautiful pain” in the process.
The puzzle feels solid but is pretty stiff and doesn’t turn very quickly. The smallest pieces in the middle like to catch on almost every turn, so it’s a real test of patience just to make turns on this thing...but it’s a beautiful puzzle and one that I will very much forward to frustrating me for several months before I ultimately solve it.