The WitEden Octahedral Mixup II is an octahedral version of the 3x3 mixup cube. This particular version is purely octahedral, with 2 pyramid-shaped sides connected to each other.
Show all WitEden Octahedral Mixups
Not completely satisfied with this product? We accept returns within 4 weeks (28 days) past the delivery date, for either store credit, or a full refund to the payment method — the choice is yours.
Our Promise to You
All of our products are guaranteed to be free of defects, or we will replace and reship at no cost to you. Please contact us within 4 weeks (28 days) past the delivery date to report any issues with items you have purchased.
Please note that some new cubes when being used for the first few times may experience what is termed a "pop". This is when one or more parts of a puzzle pop out without any damage actually being done to any of the pieces. This also occurs from time to time during normal usage. Pops are typically not considered a defect if the parts which come off can be reassembled by hand.
Fast & Free Shipping Available!
- Free standard U.S. shipping (includes Hawaii, Alaska, and AFO/APO) (2-5 business days) is offered for orders with a subtotal of $39.00+. Free expedited shipping (1-3 business days) is offered at $75.00+.
- All orders are shipped from our New York warehouse.
- Orders are shipped the same business day they are placed, or the next business day. The cutoff for same day shipping is 3PM EST.
- There is no processing/handling surcharge — all our shipping rates are at rock-bottom.
- We ship to all countries not sanctioned by the U.S. government.
- We advise that you look into your country's customs laws before ordering.
Catching and lock-ups are expected with a Mixup cube. This locks up more than most, but that would have been acceptable. It's a cool puzzle. Here is the real problem. It scrambles fine if you treat it like an normal 3x3 Octahedron. If you do a mixup scramble, it only goes forward or backward by 45 degrees before the center hits on the back edge piece. You can't even do a 90 degree mixup move! There are a few youtubes that demonstrate this. You can only get a few mixup moves into a scramble before it is totally bandaged up. The only move then is to unscramble it the way you scrambled it, which actually makes it a fairly easy solve.
My recommendation is to either buy a cheaper normal 3x3x3 octahedron, or to buy one of the other odd shaped WitEden Octahedral Mixup cubes, like the I or III or IV. From what I can see on youtube, avoiding the bandaged mixup is the reason they are shaped so oddly.
this is a really interesting puzzle, a great addition to my 3x3 shapemod collection, but it is very VERY hard to turn. it locks up on nearly every turn, sometimes so badly you have to do a reverse turn all the way around. a fun puzzle, but very annoying to solve.