YJ MGC SQ-1 (Fully Magnetic)
The YJ MGC Square-1 M is an exciting square-1 puzzle from YJ, the maker of the highly successful MGC line. This square-1 is fully magnetic and features a super smooth and plush plastic-to-plastic contact. Also included are black color cap pieces to convert your puzzle into a "stickerless black" variant. AKA: YJ MGC Square-1
Video by pro speedcuber Max Siauw
Not completely satisfied with this product? We accept returns within 4 weeks (28 days) past the delivery date, for either store credit, or a full refund to the payment method — the choice is yours.
Our Promise to You
All of our products are guaranteed to be free of defects, or we will replace and reship at no cost to you. Please contact us within 4 weeks (28 days) past the delivery date to report any issues with items you have purchased.
Please note that some new cubes when being used for the first few times may experience what is termed a "pop". This is when one or more parts of a puzzle pop out without any damage actually being done to any of the pieces. This also occurs from time to time during normal usage. Pops are typically not considered a defect if the parts which come off can be reassembled by hand.
Fast & Free Shipping Available!
- Free standard U.S. shipping (includes Hawaii, Alaska, and AFO/APO) (2-5 business days) is offered for orders with a subtotal of $45.00+. Free expedited shipping (1-3 business days) is offered at $75.00+.
- All orders are shipped from our New York warehouse.
- Orders are shipped the same business day they are placed, or the next business day. The cutoff for same day shipping is 3PM EST.
- There is no processing/handling surcharge — all our shipping rates are at rock-bottom.
- We ship to all countries not sanctioned by the U.S. government.
- We advise that you look into your country's customs laws before ordering.
you can do U4 flicks out of the box, and it corner cuts from anywhere. ‘Nuff said.
So I was having a really hard time deciding if i should get this cube or the volt v2. I decided to get this one because everyone on youtube was recommending it. When it first arrived, it was way too loose to where it was popping every solve i did, so using cube master's guide to setting up the mgc squan, I was able to tighten it properly. Also, the top and bottom layers were extremely fast so I had to lube those down. Even after doing all of this, the cube still catches on literally every algorithm I perform on it except one of the u-perms. So overall, I don't know if it is just my rough turning style that can't tolerate this cube or if its just the cube itself performing badly. I want to like this cube but it just hasn't lived up to my expectations. I currently just have the little magic and the mgc and both are too catchy for me so I wonder if I should spend another 20 bucks to see if the volt v2 is any good. I am sorry to everyone who thinks that I am hating on this cube, I just don't know what is going on with it. 😐
Quick and easy
This is the best square 1 i've ever tried, it has a confortable and soft feel, is soo smooth, even if without lube feels great, and the corner cutting is pretty nice, i think this one beats the Volt V2M.
I suck so I can’t really know if it’s good or not but I like the feel of it
This cube feels amazing, it turns fast and smoothly the caps are a little hard to get off, but it is the best cube I own.
Pretty annoyed that there are 2 magnets in the corners, 0 magnets in the edges and 1 magnet on one under the equator. Cube is good, but could’ve been so much better.
This cube is VERY good, considering being able to turn the U and D layers faster than the volt v2, but there is some problems.
1. This cube locks up way more than the volt v2, earlier today, one of my edge pieces flipped around, so I had to pop it out to fix it.
2. This cube also pops way more than the volt v2, and it is VERY hard to fix it, one of my corner pieces popped, and I had to disassemble the whole cube to fix it.
3. When I first got it, it was WAY more slippery than the volt v2, i don't know about you, but when I do the parity algorithm, sometimes my finger slips and I end up messing it up.
Overall, great cube, bad lockups.
The MGC line never disappoints. The magnet strength is perfect on it, and the puzzle is just a blast to solve